Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The first five hours of Web 2.0

Booked a computer in the library to follow the Week 1 lesson plan. Have trouble opening different pages and the videos wont play. run through as much as I can - Is there something vital I am not finding out without the video playing. Times up!

Booked a computer at my local library and try again. I can open videos but I don't have head phones so I just read the screen and hope that I am not missing much.

I have a Gmail account - I think. Whoops I have forgotten my password or is it the gmail address. I try the possible combinations. I thought I chose my name and the same password as I had for my Yahoo account but no joy.
I'll start another just for this learning exercise. I keep getting the message that I should use only letters and numbers and isn't that what I am doing. Times up!

I try using the public access computers at work before the public comes in. I have another go at finding my gmail account. No luck. OK try again to make a new one. Ohhhhhhhh thats what they mean. Unlike Yahoo you don't type in @ gmail when you type in your choice of address. Try a password - too short then at last I have an address and password. This time I write it down but I won't forget this time.

Now for a blog. I decide on a name a follow the prompts to giving a title and url for my blog. Then I start to read some extraneous text and don't know how to finish registering. Times up!

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Thanks for persisting.

I hope it becomes simpler.

Ellen (PLS)