Friday, April 4, 2008

RSS Feeds

This is my second go at blogging about my RSS experiences. I thought that by clicking on save that I could go back to the draft later and so I have to begin again today.
I can see how to save as draft now but not how to view next time.

Anyway....What do I like about and newsfeeds - obviously getting latest posts on favourite blogs and latest news in selected subjects is a good thing. My problem is the wealth of information out there is mind boggling and perhaps less is more sometimes. I initially created RSS feeds which are probably not the most important blogs time wise. Next session I searched for Children's Literature blogs which will be professionally useful and found Jacketflap which itself lists 700 blogs on the topic but the musings of this many Americans may not serve me best and so I searched for the SL of Victoria's Children's Literature Blog but failed to add it to my feeds. I was successful in adding Judith Ridge's blog and as this is an Australian blog I think I will keep it.
Libraries can keep informed on topics relevant to their field through rss.

No comments: